Make Your Voice Heard
Donald Trump is the biggest popular-vote loser in history to ever call himself President. In spite of the fact that he has no mandate, he will attempt to use his congressional majority to reshape America in his own racist, authoritarian, and corrupt image. If progressives are going to stop this, we must stand indivisibly opposed to Trump and the Members of Congress (MoCs) who would do his bidding. Together, we have the power to resist — and we have the power to win.
The following tools are the easiest and most effective way for citizens to make an impact in national and local politics. Turn your passive participation into active resistance on the issues you care about. Facebook likes and Twitter retweets can’t create the change you want to see. Calling your Government on the phone can.
Track your congresspeople. Know their votes. Countable and GovTrack.us track the United States Congress and helps Americans participate in their national legislature. They publish the status of federal legislation, information about your representative and senators in Congress including voting records, and original research on bills and votes.
Chris Smith Hasn’t Held A Town Hall – Documenting our current representative’s legislative record.
Resource for Kids
Indivisible Groups of NJ
Indivisible Bayshore [CD6]
Indivisible Central NJ [CD6, CD7, CD12]
Democratic Groups in NJ
- Asbury Park Democrats
- Central Jersey Progressive Democrats
- Eatontown Democratic Club
- Egg Harbor Township Democratic Club
- Hillsborough Democratics
- Millstone Township Democratic Organization
- Monmouth County Democrats
- Monmouth County Democratic Women’s Caucus
- New Jersey Young Democrats
- Ocean County Democrats
- Progressive Democrats for Cherry Hill
- Progressive Hunterdon Democrats
- Shrewsbury Democrats
- Wall Township Democrats
National Progressive Groups and Resources
314 Action Representing the pro-science resistance.
The 65 – Representing the 65 million Americans who rejected Donald Trump on Election Day.
ACLU Defending and preserving the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
League of Women Voters Believes in the power of women to create a more perfect democracy.
LeftAction – The flagship site of the Left Action Network, a series of online properties fighting in tandem for the causes near and dear to progressives.
MoveOn.org The largest independent, progressive, digitally-connected organizing group in the United States.
NAACP Ensuring the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
Rise Stronger: The People’s Calendar Helping build a nation of engaged communities holding their government and leaders accountable.
START List of Leading U.S. Progressive Organizations – Names and brief descriptions of approximately 500 leading organizations in the United States working for progressive change on a national level.
Swing Left – Helping you find and commit to supporting progressives in your closest Swing District.
Town Hall Project Empowering constituents across the country to have face-to-face conversations with their elected representatives.
Women’s March Harnessing the political power of diverse women and their communities to create transformative social change.
Other Progressive Groups in NJ
- Action Together Burlington County [CD3]
- Action Together Gloucester County [CD1, CD2]
- Action Together Hunterdon County [CD7]
- Action Together Monmouth County [CD4, CD6]
- Action Together Morris County [CD7 & CD11]
- Action Together Ocean County [CD2, CD3, CD4]
- Action Together Passaic County [CD5, CD9]
- Action Together Sussex County [CD5]
- Action Together Union County [CD7, CD8, CD10]
- Action Together Warren County [CD5]
- NJ11 For Change
- Raritan Valley Community For Change [CD7]
- BERGEN COUNTY
- Bergen County ILO
- Fair Lawn
- Glen Rock
- Northern Valley (Alpine, Bergenfield, Cliffside Park, Closter, Cresskill, Demarest, Dumont, Edgewater, Emerson, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Fort Lee, Hackensack, Harrington Park, Haworth, Hillsdale, Leonia, Montvale, New Milford, Northvale Norwood, Old Tappan, Park Ridge, Tenafly, Washington Township, Woodcliff Lake)
CAPE MAY COUNTY
- Maplewood-South Orange
- Montclair Area (Montclair, Bloomfield, the Caldwells, Cedar Grove, Clifton, Essex Fells, Glen Ridge, Little Falls, and Verona)
- Newark Members-at-Large Unit
- Nutley Area
- East Windsor-Hightstown
- Hopewell Valley
- Lawrence Township
- Princeton Area (Princeton Borough, Princeton Township, West Windsor, Montgomery South Brunswick, Plainsboro, Kingston, Rocky Hill, Kendall Park)
- Greater Red Bank Area (Eatontown, Fair Haven, Little Silver, Long Branch, Middletown, Monmouth Beach Oceanport, Red Bank, Rumson, Sea Bright, Shrewbury, Shrewsbury Township Tinton Falls, West Long Branch)
- Monmouth County ILO
- Township of Ocean
- Western Monmouth
- Ocean County
- Pompton Lakes Members-at-Large Unit
- Wayne Township
- Somerset County Members-at-Large Unit
- Sussex Highlands (all of Sussex County)